literacy.IO Live Online Training
Teacher professional development focused on super reading comprehension based on the science of reading. Top 10% may get access to TAMU Graduate Tuition Credit.
- July 19-20
- August 2-3
All sessions are from 8:00 am – 3:30 pm CST.
Cost: $40 (non-refundable)
All fees are waived for Texas A&M students and teachers from approved schools.
Our team is comprised of:
- Literacy leaders with 30+ years of experience,
- Master teachers with 20+ years of experience, and
- A top notch technology support system.
We prepare teachers to use evidence-based reading comprehension strategies that have shown strong, positive effects for all students, including:
- Regular education,
- Special education, and
- English learners.
Using a combination of live demonstration and instruction with a web-based intelligent tutor, teachers will:
- Understand the reasons why children struggle to comprehend what they read.
- Learn the science of reading comprehension and Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
- Learn to teach our evidence-based text structure solution for reading comprehension.
- Practice planning and teaching text structure lessons with support and feedback from a reading comprehension expert.
- Plan a lesson on the web-based platform, record reflections, and receive live feedback.
- Practice delivering a lesson and receive feedback from expert peers.
- Plan lessons using your own textbooks for the upcoming academic year, with support from our expert team.
- Graduate from the PD with a full set of lessons ready to use in your classroom on Day 1 of the new school year.
Best [professional development] I’ve ever attended.
I pushed myself to take this because it’s not in my comfort zone. I’m so glad I did!